Friday, July 31, 2009

15 Years!

Well, it is official . . . John and I have been married for 15 years! July 30th, 1994 doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but when I think of all the things we have done and been through, it seems like forever ago! Instead of doing a lovey-dovey post, which I am so over, I thought I would list some of the things we have been through in the last 15 years . . .
10 vehicles

4 babies

9 pregnancies

5 miscarriages

4 moves

built 2 houses

6 hospitalizations

1 perscription of Xanax

3 broken bones

4 perscriptions of anti-depressants

7 surgeries

1 perscription of Valium

59 birthdays

2 house remodelings

11 jobs

1 career change (for John)

3 dogs

1 hamster

1 bird

8 fish

5 speeding tickets

6 minor car accidents

3 nephews

5 neices

2 bad perms

2677 times I've told John how to drive

3419 times John has used "we" when meaning me, not him

countless illnesses

5 major family vacations

1 cruise

dozens of small vacations

12 dance competitions

3 children that have thrown up while traveling

100's of trip to Cafe Rio

cases and cases of Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper

22 family photos, his, hers and ours




Our Engagement Photo, Tiffany 20, John 23. So young, so naive!



I was so skinny, but didn't realize just how much so!



Look how young we all were! Crazy!



The classic Salt Lake Temple photo.



John was so skinny and his ears stuck out . . . kind of funny.




I fattened him up quite nicely though. And he didn't think I could cook! HAHA!

Fall of 2008 . . . My how we have changed!

He has always been a bit of a loon

I have never been a fan of having my picture taken, but I actually liked this picture of us. Fall of 2002.

An attempt at being sexy . . . didn't work very well. :)

Grand Caymans . . . swimming with the stingrays . . . one of the most exciting events of our lives! Loved that trip!

At dinner on our cruise . . . want to go back desperately! Thank you Tom and Tiffany and Kim and Shane! Seriously was the best vacation we have ever been on!

Aren't we funny . . . looking!

15 years is a long time! I wonder what the next 15 years will hold in store for us!?

6 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

WOW!!! You're so OLD!!! BAHAHAHAHA! I know...I'm funny! Seriously though, that's fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS ya crazy kids! May you have 5,000,000 more "discussions" of how John drives ;-). MUWAAAHH!

Amy said...

Love this post! Congrats on sticking it out for 15, here's to hoping you make it that much and more again and again!

Christenson's said...

Hoping you make it???? Anyway cute pictures love the 90's denim shirts!! You guys look so young!!! Good times right!!

Shake-N-Bake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Congrats to both of you! I love the pictures you looked so young in your engagement pic! Great memories thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

Love it!!!