Friday, July 2, 2010

I love a parade!

It is a little known fact that I LOVE parades! I have been brought to tears by them . . . usually due to the honoring of the flag and the service of those that are usually honored in parades. I love to hear and see the marching bands and I love to see the beauty queens on the beautiful floats . . . I know I have received harassment from those that dislike parades, but I LOVE them. We are lucky enough to have our own little town parade here in Herriman during Herriman days. They have a fun little parade that is just about a block from our house. And then that night there is a carnival followed by a quite surprisingly good fireworks display.


Haidyn and Brevin checking out all the fun things passing by...


The businesses in the community are represented and hand/toss out flyers and coupons. Brevin is bringing one back from Little Caesars...


And they toss out candy to the kids. Caitlyn in her happenin' sunglasses.


Brevin grabbing a candy...

We finally have a high school in Herriman! I am so excited! I can't wait to go to the football and basketball games! This is the football team...

And the cheerleaders . . . one of my cute neighbor girls is a cheerleader . . . go LaRue (Kelsey)!


And the Drill Team . . . several girls on the drill team are from our own TDC dance the girls have gone to . . . especially our favorite Maddie!

I love our little town Parade . . .

2 comments:

Craig said...

parades rock, I love to stand, and to tell others to do the same when the flag comes by. MARCHING BANDS ROCK, and where else can you eat candy from the street and watch clogging from the gutter.

Jeanette said...

I love parades too, and I am the only one in my family that does, so I don't get to go very often =0(