Monday, October 5, 2009

One day . . .

Do you ever have one of those days when you think . . . Why am I doing this? Why am I here? No one listens to me, no one appreciates anything I am doing. What is the point!? I must admit, I have having these thoughts all too frequently as of late. I get tired of not having any help, and when asking for help I am inundated with whining and crying, and that it just from John! Seriously though, I have those days when I really wonder if they would even notice if I didn't get out of bed, other than the fact that they didn't have clean clothes or no food. Would I be missed at all? I know this is extremely selfish of me, but it doesn't hurt to be a little selfish on occasion. A few Saturdays ago, I was feeling sorry for myself, wondering "Why me!?" and one by one the kids came in to my room and climbed on my bed with me. I looked at each of them and thought how truly lucky I am to have such beautiful and amazing children . . . Now don't get me wrong, they drive me crazier than I am sure I drove my mom, but I love them. There I admit it! We played and tickled and most importantly laughed. I told John to hurry and grab the camera, because I wanted to remember the moment when all my kids actually wanted me and liked me, all at the same time! Will miracles ever cease? I hope not!

Love these precious moments!

And these precious kids!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

You are always wanted even when you think you are not, your a great friend, one which I am lucky to have. And I know by seeing your kids- a great Mom. Unfortunatly there will always be thoes days- when they happen -come to my house- you can be my friend that never leaves. LOL

Ashley and Andrew said...

SO CUTE. It's good to remember all those times. The day-to-day can get a little draining, so it's SO good you're holding on to these precious moments!!! Your kids are the cutest!

Amy said...

TOO CUTE! It's those moments as a Mom that you go "oh, that's why I do this every day!"

Amanda said...

Amen! Don't be so hard on yourself. You have done a wonderful job with the kids, and like it or not, they will always love you-just in their own little way:)

Rachel said...

Very cute!

Carlye Momma said...

I think as mommies we ALL go through those tough times...I am SO glad you guys were able to have this moment with eachother. You really look very happy! Those are moments you know someone hears your prayers and knows you need validation! You are not alone my friend!