Friday, October 9, 2009

She is just like her mother!

I have never professed to being a perfect mother . . . and perhaps my children have learned just a very few improper things from me. What can I say? I am imperfect, extremely much so! I get in trouble from my children for my love of using a few swear words here and there. I make inappropriate comments and speak my mind, usually without the use of a filter. Now that my children are getting older and have the ability to think for themselves my errors are becoming more apparent. A few nights ago, my entire little family went over to my friend and coworkers house for the first time. Lynette was impressed with how much Caitlyn is like her mother . . . the sarcasm, whit and silly gestures are all quite apparent. It has been obvious to me for quite a while, in fact, John and I took Caitlyn shopping and out to dinner one night last month and after one of her sarcastic comments I looked at John and said "Oh my, she sounds just like her mother!". John immediate relief was ALL to apparent when he yelled "Thank you! I have been wanting to say that! Thank you!!!".
John and Caitlyn have been at odds as of late, she being twelve and her hormones just banging on the door to be heard and John pushing mid-life crisis mode, are loving life! I tend to spend much of my time as their referee. John will come to be begging me to talk to her and she will do the same for me to talk to him. Needless to say, it can be exhausting! Well, this past Sunday was no different than any other day. John was trying to get Caitlyn to do her dishes and Caitlyn was trying desperately to avoid doing them. After plenty of arguing and harassing back and forth, said dishes were finally done, save for the silverware. Caitlyn was waiting for Dilyn to empty the silverware from the dishwasher before the dirty silverware could be put in, and we know she was not going out of her way to do Dilyn's job. This is what we found on the counter . . .
Needless to say . . . Caitlyn is still on dishes this week. But secretly, I laughed my guts out! She is definitely my daughter!

3 comments:

Christenson's said...

Oh my gosh.... that is too funny!! I am shocked however not from Caitlynn the swear police??? was it directed at you guys or Dilyn??/ Really too funny I am still laughing!!

Anonymous said...

john baker

Lynette said...

I am still laughing!!!!