Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Father's Day!

It should probably be no surprise that I am not a big fan of Father's Day . . . I have really had to force myself to be more open to celebrating it for the sake of my children and for John. He really is a good Daddy. He is a great friend and loves to play. I truly believe Dad's are just overgrown children anyway. After getting up and eating a yummy breakfast, John wanted to go for a drive. We don't seen to do that very often anymore, probably because I am usually sleeping trying to recoop so I can pretend to be a normal Mommie for a couple of days before my work week starts again. John decided he wanted to drive the Alpine Loop and stop at Cascade Springs. I love driving through the canyons . . . it is so peaceful and beautiful. We had such a fun drive . . . and only had one kid throw up . . . luckily towards the end of the drive!


Look at how well they pose!


Don't you remember being so carefree!


See, overgrown kid!


Everyone wanted to climb this tree!


Haidyn . . .


Caitlyn . . .


Even the boy!


Love Cascade Srprings . . . it is so beautiful!


Aren't they just cute!


Of course I couldn't get Caitlyn to be serious in any pictures..


Love this picture!

Doesn't it look like they are having fun?


Oh, how sweet! A cute mom and her cute kiddos!


Me and Dilyn...


Daddy and Dilyn, self portrait!


Isn't it beautiful!

I think John had a nice day . . . we came home and had a grilling fest of salmon, asparagas, and baby red potatoes . . . Oh, plus I made rolls and they turned out SO good, even if I do say so myself!

Happy Father's Day John, hope your day was fabulous!

1 comment:

Christenson's said...

That looks like a fun day!! I love Cascade springs as a youth my girls camp hiked there almost every year!!