Monday, May 3, 2010

Proud Mommie, even if it is NOT entirely appropriate...

So, Caitlyn comes home the other day from dance and proceeds to tell me that a girl, who will remain anonymous, called her a bitch. I remained calm, have gotten good at that, and then asked her what happened leading up to the name calling. She went on a long explanation dealing with spacing and placement in the dance . . . at that point I decided to ask her to gold medal question, "What did you say back to her?" Her answer, "I told her I was born a bitch and I will always be a bitch!" I must say, I am SO proud of her answer! She could have taken the low road and called her any number of names back . . . or she could have cried and got upset . . . but no, my baby girl took ownership of who she is and took the high ground! At least she did as far as I am concerned! That is MY girl! She did me proud! I know she is definitely her mothers daughter! Love her!

1 comment: