Sunday, May 24, 2009

Nationals!

Nationals this year was at Skyline High. It was such a long day! With a slightly disappointing ending, but we had lots of fun during the day! We got there at 8:30 (a late start for us) and Caitlyn and I didn't get home until after 1:00 the next morning!

Caitlyn in Indiana Jones . . . isn't she a lovely Egyptian?

Haidyn in Indiana Jones . . . lovely Village Person!

At the end of their Natives Dance Haidyn gets to cary Kylie off with the help of Taite.

The girls have so much fun goofing around together!

Caitlyn has come in to her own so much this year at dance! I am so proud of her! She makes me tear up! And I don't consider myself one to cry. She had really pushed herself and she has truly impressed me!

Nationals Results:

Caitlyn's Dances:

  • The Way I Am: 3rd
  • Big Spender: 1st
  • Can't Touch This: 2nd
  • Rock the Casbah: 3rd

Haidyn's Dances:

  • Music Box: 1st
  • Stray Cat Strut: 4th

Indiana Jones: 2nd

Champion Dance had a few issues, there sound system kept going out, and by about 2:00 in the afternoon, we were an hour behind schedule . . . then their computer supposedly went down. When givng out awards for highpoint at the end of the evening they were giving awards to dances that our team had placed higher against them. Tiffany kept intrrupting the awards to try to figure out what the heck was going on! Our girls should have received awards that went to other tems. It was very frustrating. Caitlyn was a little bummed that some of her dances didn't place better, but I am so proud of her and Haidyn! All the TDC girs did such a good job and have a great sportmanship that so many of the other teams don't have! I want my girls to have fun and to have a good attitude, and luckily they do!! Congratulations TDC! You girls kick butt, what?!

1 comment:

Caitlyn Baker said...

You know what casbah should of gotten way higher so I told my mom I am just going to forget this comp. but replace big spender in the last comp. to a 1st like we scored in this one.