Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving... It is seriously my favorite holiday. There are no present requirements, just getting together with loved ones and eating... BEST DAY EVER! I love to cook, that is nothing new... but it takes me back to my childhood and my favorite memories or cooking with my mom. Growing up, I was my mom's right hand in many ways, but in the kitchen and cooking was my favorite. It was a time when we could sit and visit and share our thoughts and memories and silly stories. And that tradition still continues. I love to learn from her and watch her work. She is very methodical and calculated in so many ways, and learning from her is one of the joys in my life. I truly enjoy the time I share in the kitchen with my mom.

I also love passing that tradition and knowledge on to my children!

Caitlyn is quite a cook... I love to watch her skills develope!


Brevin is also jumping into the game!


It is a family event to get such a yummy meal on the table!

My sweet sis, Ashley and her awesome hubby, Jeff!

Brevin and the pooch, Harriet.... That poor doggie puts up with so much from that little boy!
The breaking of the wishbone!

Which one wins? I can never remember!


After the dinner was done we pulled out a puzzle... We couldn't pull Grammy away from that table then!!

Oh so CUTE!
I hope everyone had a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!

No comments: