Friday, January 23, 2009

Wax Museum


It's that time of year when the Wax Museum comes to town. I loved this assignment when Caitlyn was in 3rd grade and I still love it now with Haidyn. One of the book reports that they get to do is a biography. Haidyn chose Annie Oakley. Their book report consists of doing a poster and then dressing up as that person and posing in a "wax museum". It was lots of fun learning about Miss Oakley. Caitlyn chose Elizabeth Blackwell, one of the first woman doctors. I am thrilled that my girls have picked and learned about such strong women in history. Women who go against the grain and are strong and unwilling to do the norm. Anyone who knows my girls knows that they are very independant and strong willed (guess where they that from). I am and glad they can see such good examples of women in the past to help them prepare for the future.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Way to go Haidyn! Your tri-fold looks great! And you look darling in that hat!