Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year's?

I love New Year's! The start of the next year is always fun and this year is no exception. I have only one complaint concerning New Year's . . . resolutions. Why do we have to do this? I can't help but think that all I am doing is setting myself up to fail. I have nothing wrong with setting goals, but it always seems that we set these many goals for ourself and by day three at least half of them we have already failed at. I love setting goals for myself, but I haven't set a New Year's resolution for myself in years, because I don't need the pressure of yet another failed attempt at reading my scriptures every day (that lasted I think at the most 3 days), saying my prayers every day (one day), being nice to my kids (3 hours), being nice to my husband (10 minutes), losing weight (this is always in process, I have 20 lbs to go to get my tummy tuck!) over my head. I hope I am not sounding angry or grumpy, I just like to start my goals when I am ready and one at a time versus ten all in one day. I am still trying to accomplish my goals from years ago! So, if you set your goals for this new year, I wish you luck! And I wish you a Happy New Year's.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

You make me laugh! I love you! It's so true though. Will I ever not yell at my kids? Will I ever be skinny? (Probably not, because of my kids!)