Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Are they painted on?

This is how I'm feeling about my children's ears today. I am seriously wondering if their ears are painted on? Perhaps they are truly deaf and are unable to hear my words. Or could it be that they just simply don't understand what I am saying. Whatever it is, it has me truly frustrated. How many times must a mom say no before that word permeates their brain and recognition occurs? I can't tell you the number of times I have heard the phrase "But, I didn't hear you!". Perhaps I am invisible and my voice can only be heard by other mothers, because I know there have been plenty of times that my sweet husband doesn't hear what I say either. I don't like being frustrated . . . it is very frustrating. :)

4 comments:

Tim and Vicky Porter said...

I did a "hearing" test on my oldest daughter when she was little. I said her name 3 times and of course she didn't answer...then I whispered, "Do you want some Candy?" She almost got whiplash trying to turn around to see if I had Candy... It was funny...

Christenson's said...

I ask my kids all the time if I am speaking chinese! Have you seen that email, about the mom who says she is invisible? Its a good one I will see if I can find it if you haven't seen it.

Becky said...

Ahh, the joy! Maybe you need to speak "beep" too. Totally feelin' your pain. :)

zohner said...

At least your children are claiming that they didn't hear you. Mine just ignore me. I can't count the number of times I ask them to do something, they ignore me, I ask them "how many times have I asked you that" and they respond with "a lot". At this point, I'd almost prefer that they claim that they didn't hear me.