Friday, February 13, 2009

Scary Moment . . .

This morning was just like any other morning, John left for work, Caitlyn was up getting ready for school, nothing unusual. I was doing Caitlyn's hair for her, she wanted it a little fancy for her Valentine's Day class party. Anyway, she said she was dizzy . . . I look at her face and she is that lovely pale green and going even more pale. Then her eyes rolled back into her head and she went limp. Luckily I was right there with her. I was trying to remain calm, but was panicking ever so slightly . . . I kept saying her name over and over. I laid her down on my bathroom floor and said her name again at which point she jerked a little. I was worried she might be having a seizure, but she only jerked the one time. She was only out for a few seconds, but it seemed like forever. Here I am kneeling over my baby and she is unresponsive! What do you do!? Her eyes suddenly flew open and she is staring at me with these huge questioning eyes. "What happened?!" she asks me. Half-way between a sob and a laugh (my laugh was only due to my relief, not because I thought this was funny!) I tell her she passed out. She immediately starts to cry. I asked her if she had eaten yet, she hadn't. I helped her up to sit for a few minutes, then got her into the kitchen to eat. I called John at this point, because I was a little freaked, and needed him to calm me down. When I told him Cait had passed out, he asked me if she was still out? I was calm after that. No, she is still passed out on the floor I just thought I would call and tell you where she was, unconscious on the floor. And he wonders why I think he questions my ability as a mother?! Anyway, she ate and said she still wanted to go to school. I told her what to do if she ever feels like that again. Poor girl! I hope she not still freaked out about it! Love you Cait! Thanks for the exciting morning!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is so scary! I'm glad she seems to be okay. Good job keeping your composure. I don't do well in situations like that. This must be where all your medical training really comes in handy.

Caitlyn Baker said...

Mom when I read this I got all teary eyed and almost cryed about hearing all about my fall scaryness I love you mom