Saturday, June 6, 2009

Busy Boy

Brevin is our crazy, busy boy. Some days I just don't know what to do with him. He really is a lot of fun, but he is just a different animal from my girls! I am not saying it is a bad thing, just different. He really is a lot of fun and he never seems to have time to stop, not even to eat! He is always making us laugh and he is always laughing!

My big boy, thinking he will take off on a bike any day now!


Over Memorial Day weekend we potty-trained Brevin! I found this Three-Day Method on the internet. After having two out of the three girls being simply awful to potty-train, I was not excited let alone interested. I did have some incentive, because Brevin is starting preschool this Fall and I had to have him diaper free! I can't believe it worked! He did wonderful! By day three, he was done! Today he actually went to the bathroom all by himself without getting me or John to come and help! He has only had 2 accidents since that weekend and one was when he was outside playing. Smart little boy!
















































Yep, he is eating sugar directly out of the sugar bowl! I blame this on John mainly, because I don't have a sweet tooth. I have teased John for years that he could eat sugar directly and say it wasn't sweet enough.
We love having a little boy in the house, there is definitely never a dull moment! A few weeks ago, on a Sunday, I was at work and John has taken the kids to church. I got a phone call, Brevin has swallowed the little plastic cup the pass the sacrament water in. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy. John called the doctor and they said we needed to take him to Primary Children's Hospital just to be safe. I left work after hearing that. We spent several hours in the Emergency Room. They took a few x-rays, then let him drink a little and then finally had him eat, just to make sure nothing was stuck and he didn't start throwing up. It is always exciting when you can provide the medical personnel with something they have not yet experienced! Luckily everything was fine, and I didn't have to be too mad with John!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love that little guy. He is one cutie in nursery and I am so glad he was ok even after swallowing the sacrament cup. I love the photos.

Greg and Jenny's family said...

YAY! I love little boys!

kerry said...

They are so cute