Friday, June 26, 2009

Week in Review . . .

This week has been a busy one. School is almost out, thank goodness! I get annoyed with year-round school this time of the year. They have to have all their year end stuff in by the end of May, so the last few weeks of school, they don't seem to do anything. They have their dance festival and Field day and their Award Day.

Caitlyn got the Gold Star award, which is given for having a high GPA, not just for 6th grade, but for the cumulative GPA of 4th,5th and 6th Grade. What a good girl I have! Hopefully that will continue in Middle School!

Haidyn received the High Flying Hawk Award, most of the work for this has to be done at home. Haidyn is a hard worker (for everyone but me!).

I actually went to Enrichment, only because they were doing CPR training at the Fire Station. I went in hopes of getting some exciting and gory stories. The guys at the station were so very nice! They took a few of us on a quick ride around the block. And I convinced them to take me on a ride-a-long!

Brevin has become my little chicken boy. He is terrified of everything! Currently his biggest fear is dogs. He will hardly go outside because of a couple of neighbor dogs. Well, we were all outside the other night and the neighbors dogs got out, Brevin started freaking out and Tom came to the rescue. Tom gave Brevin a Sharpie to hold. He told him to hold it out and the dogs wouldn't come near him. Worked like a charm!

Then, one day I got home after running a few errands with Caitlyn, only to find Brevin had fallen asleep in the office chair . . .

He does not look very comfortable!

But he sure is cute!

3 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

He is pretty cute! I had quite a nice time with him in nursery on Sunday. He was so quiet and I got him to chat with me. I told him I like his hair...then he said "do you like mommy's hair? do you like daddy's hair?" this is what he said to everything we talked about. Wish I had a tape recorder because it was quite a hoot! He spoke as quietly as a mouse too...LOVEd it! He's squishy!

Carlye Momma said...

oh...and WAY TO GO ladies on the school work! SO PROUD!

Lauren said...

AHHH!!! Brevin is SO big!!! These are such cute pictures on here! Keep updating the blog!