Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Caitlyn!

I can't believe it is here! Caitlyn's twelfth birthday! I have a 12-year-old! It doesn't seem that long ago that we brought her home from the hospital! Caitlyn came into the world, screaming and she hasn't stopped! Caitlyn was born weighing in at a hefty 10 pounds 3 ounces and 21 inches long! You would never know it to look at her now! I tenderly called her my sumo baby. I remember getting ready to leave the hospital thinking, they are just going to let me leave with her? And then, two weeks later thinking, this is the longest babysitting job ever! When are her parents coming home! She wasn't your typical smiley baby, which was sometimes difficult on me, she was a studious baby. She loved to watch people and try to figure them out. We got lots of comments that she didn't like whomever it was we were with, but it wasn't that she didn't like them, she was just trying to figure them out. Caitlyn has always been content, no matter the situation. She has always loved to watch others, but when it is her turn to be on, she loves the spotlight! She has developed quite the sense on humor and has got her mom's quick whit and sarcasm (not sure yet if that is a good thing or not). Caitlyn has become a beautiful dancer, through much work and dedication! We love to watch her perform, it brings tears to my eyes, everytime! While I can't say I have enjoyed every minute of being her mom, I have loved every minute! She is beautiful inside and out! I have loved getting to know here for the last 12 years and look forward to the next 12!

Sumo Baby . . . 10 pounds 3 ounces!


Our first Family photo . . . Caitlyn was one month old.

Is she not the most beautiful baby you have ever seen?



Caitlyn, 3 months old . . . she had all this black curly hair! I loved it!




My absolute favorite picture of Caitlyn! She was nine months old! Beautiful girl and she still is!



One year old! Do you think Brevin looks like her? I do!



Can you say Goofball!



Beautiful Girl!



She is a very attentive big sister! She was thrilled to have a little brother!



Loves Adventure! Never lose that!



Loves her friends and is a wonderful friend to have!



Loves her sisters! (as long as they are not touching her stuff!)



Quite the dancer!



Can't wait for the temper tantrums to be over with! She is not a fan of her chores!



Loves to have fun and make others laugh!


Can you say, I'm in trouble!


She likes me! Maybe . . . Can you feel the love?

2 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

Awww...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BAKE! Love ya much mama! You are so beautiful...inside and out!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday! What cute pictures. Thanks for sharing.