Sunday, December 21, 2008

Loves to Dance!

All primped and ready to go!


Thursday night was the girls Christmas Dance Recital. I don't know why I get so choked up watching them dance! I suppose it is because I can't dance and they can and I am so supremely jealous it brings me to tears! Caitlyn is in her third year of competitive dance. I am so proud of her! It has not come as naturally to her as to Haidyn, but she works her tail off and pushes herself. She has really excelled this year!










This is Haidyn's first year on the Dance team and she loves it! She is really enjoying her Ballet and comes home every week from class eager to show me her moves. She has such an athletic little bod and is quite natural. Neither John nor myself have a clue where this came from. Both Caitlyn and Haidyn have been working on hard on getting their splits flat and they each have one flat and are very close to having a second.
Dilyn did a beautiful Chicken Pox dance! The first year she was scared and ran off the stage and we have progressed to her doing the dance moves! This makes me cry too. I am so proud of her! She loves to dance and is always dancing with her sisters . . . Dance team here we come!


Dilyn did one dance this year, while Caitlyn and Haidyn each had two. They each had their Ballet dance and then they both performed with the Dance team in a production number. While there was a bit of drama over shoes (they told me they just neede their foot undies while they really needed their jazz shoes, but I didn't bring their jazz shoes, because I didn't know they were needed for anything) a couple of tears were shed, but they were able to borrow shoes. They performed so well! I am proud of my girls!

2 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

THEY WERE AWESOME! I totally popped a few tears throughout the night...for several reasons. 1: I LOVE the art of dance. It is definitely up in the top two (1 being music itself) 2: something about little girls is just so magical watching them dance. and 3: I LOVE the girls in our ward...they are absolutely the sweetest things since chocolate and your girls were just shining on that stage! LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!

Tim and Vicky Porter said...

How fun is that. Merry Christmas!