Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Boys


After having three girls, a boy is quite a different animal. If you ask John what it is like having a son, he will get a little emotional. It is not that he doesn't enjoy his girls, but he didn't realize how much fun he would have having a little buddy. When John is home, Brevin will not leave his side, it is almost like John has a growth. They love to go to Home Depot together on Saturdays and just look at stuff. They love watching Nascar together. Brevin is right in the middle of everything when John gets his tools out to fix or make anything. I must admit that I get a little frustrated with their attachment on occasion, after all, I gave birth to the little boy and he should appreciate that, right? Granted he is only two. A couple of months ago our neighbor Olivia was baptized and John was asked to participate in the confirmation, I was forced to sit out in the hall because Brevin was screaming so loud. All because he didn't want his mother. Nope, he wanted his dad and the entire building of people knew it. Let's just say I was a little hurt and frustrated. But I must say I really do love watching my boys together. John is a pretty good father and Brevin is my favorite boy!

1 comment:

Carlye Momma said...

Oh honey I SO feel your pain! Brackon used to be a mommas boy...until he figured out dad liked all of the same things he did...then I was put on the backburner. Don't worry...I hear they all end up back in mommas arms when they're teenagers. LOL! YA...I'll believe THAT when I see it.

I'm here for ya mama when you need someone to complain about it to!

LOVE YA!